With 650 lawyers in 11 offices nationwide, Drinker Biddle provides client service in 16 practice areas. The Health Government Relations team is composed of lawyers and government relations professionals who have extensive experience advancing client interests before the legislative and executive branches of government at the federal, state and municipal levels. We use this experience to assist health care providers, academic medical centers, membership trade organizations, health professional societies, patient advocacy associations and other entities advance their public policy and advocacy agendas.
Our bipartisan team develops, implements and coordinates government relations and public policy strategies in a collaborative partnership with clients to achieve their government relations goals. We have a proven track record of major legislative and regulatory successes, such as securing earmarked appropriations, garnering Medicare reimbursement for particular products, introduction and passage of authorizing legislation, and executing Capitol Hill Days and advocacy training sessions for a handful or hundreds of grassroots advocates.
Our team provides clients with myriad government relations services, activities and counsel, including:
- Conducting client political audits, environmental scans, landscape analysis and developing associated strategic plans;
- Monitoring and reporting on legislative and regulatory developments;
- Securing appropriations earmarks, establishing new federal programs and boosting funding for existing federal initiatives;
- Influencing legislation, including authorization and appropriations matters, regulations and government policy through direct advocacy to members of Congress and their key staff and the Executive Branch;
- Analyzing the impact of legislative and regulatory proposals on client priorities;
- Drafting legislation, report language, position papers, testimony, congressional correspondence, regulatory comments and other related materials;
- Building and maintaining effective coalitions, grassroots efforts and constituent support initiatives, including Web-based advocacy networks;
- Preparing witnesses for hearings before Congress and the Executive Branch; and
- Coordinating congressional Lobby Days for our clients.
The Health Government Relations team welcomes the opportunity to work with health-related industries, companies, organizations and associations to undertake advocacy efforts on their behalf to ensure policymakers respond to their requests and concerns.